Meet Martina Meyer
When I was going through my separation and divorce in 2009, I had no idea what I was in for – how much pain I would feel, how little energy I would have, and sorting out all of the conflicting emotions that hit me all at once. Yet, all this was still doable.
What I wasn’t at all prepared for, was how lost I would feel. I didn’t realize how much of my identity had been organized around our 16-year marriage. I had no idea who I would or could be outside of that, or how scary the question, “What do you want?” could be.
At the time I did not know about Conscious Uncoupling™ (the book was first released in 2015). I did not even know what options I had. Fortunately, our divorce was amicable. I knew, ultimately, we were going to be ok, yet I had no idea how I was going to get there.
We navigated our way through the daunting process, and the divorce was final by April Fool’s day 2011. Ironic, isn’t it?
I had moved out of our marital home that we had built together in Phoenix – all the way to the East Coast. I continued “business as usual” and didn’t really talk about my divorce. In part, it was a relief to have my sense of normalcy in my life, but it was also a very lonely space to be in.
So, I did what a lot of us women do when we experience a major life change or crisis – I got my hair cut, scheduled a mani/pedi, did a little retail therapy, and joined a gym. I tried to “fix up” all the external pieces in an attempt to feel desirable again.
I even hired a personal trainer to assist me, however:
I still felt lonely.
I still felt confused about my future.
I still felt broken inside.
Oh, how I wished there was a personal trainer to guide my emotions through this transition…
New Year’s Eve 2013 is when everything came to a halt for me.
I was ringing in the new year at my sister’s home in Dubai. I reflected on the year and reviewed my fruitless attempts of “moving on” and dating. They resulted in, basically, reliving a version of my marriage, where, in the end, he would choose another woman, and I would be left alone and unwanted: my former husband was engaged to be married, a man I had briefly dated and really liked was now married as well, Facebook was full of people in love… As time ticked closer and closer to midnight, I was forced to face my loneliness head on- everyone celebrating with us that night had someone to kiss at midnight, except me.
Was love not meant for me in this lifetime? Maybe there was something wrong with me, maybe it was true that I was not wanted, not lovable, not enough? How could I be so successful in my business, and such a “failure” in my personal life?
Pity party? Perhaps, but I give myself a pass.
Reality check? Oh yes!
I vowed right then and there that I would not let another year go by doing the same things – expecting different results.
A month later I found Katherine Woodward Thomas and her teachings – her books and online courses. I fell in love with the depth of her teaching and the effectiveness of her transformative process. Things really started to change once I hired a coach who guided me through the material.
I felt I had found the Personal Trainer for my soul that I was hoping for; a guide who taught me new, healthier ways of moving from my heart, from the inside out, and to also train my “soul muscles” to begin showing up differently in the world.
The two premises that really drew me to the program and made the biggest impact on me were;
1. Life is a creative process and our thoughts, beliefs, assumptions, choices, actions, and words are the tools we use to invent our experiences and our circumstances. When we do this, life no longer happens TO us, but THROUGH us.
2. When we alter our relationship with ourselves, our external world will alter accordingly. Any change we wish in our lives actually starts deep within ourselves…
Because of the guidance my coach has provided me,
- show up authentically even when it might feel uncomfortable;
- realize that there is strength in being vulnerable – in the right way and place for me, with the right people and circumstances;
- know, trust, and love myself fully;
- am aware of what I need in order to feel safe in a relationship, and how to create that for me;
- respond rather than react to what other people are doing – and that most of what “they” do is not actually personally directed at me.
- realize that any pain or discomfort in life is an opportunity for growth
You know, I went and joined that gym expecting honest effort, sore muscles, and a certain fear of the unknown. I willingly accepted it because I knew that everything I did during my gym time was for my greater good.
I applied this principle when I hired my coach. I really wanted to transform my relationships- relating to myself, to others, to my love life, and to my life as a whole. I couldn’t be more pleased with my new perspective!
TODAY I love who I am and what I do: I am a Life and Relationship Coach, a Yoga Instructor and Personal Trainer. I see myself as a Personal Trainer for your body, mind, heart, and soul, bringing it all together for you so you can live a wholehearted, wholesome life full of joy and passion – just like I do, yet in your way.
I have grown roots in a strong community with people who want to be around me, and who I want to be with. I have found passion in dance, especially Argentine Tango and Viennese Waltz, and also in yoga and coaching. I love my life and I want you to love yours, as well!
- Martina Meyer is a Certified Conscious Uncoupling™ and Calling in “The One”™ Coach who has been personally trained and mentored by the creator of these processes, NY bestselling author Katherine Woodward Thomas, MFT.
- Martina Meyer is a Certified Grief Recovery Method® Specialist, helping people move beyond death, divorce and other losses by facilitating Grief Recovery Support Groups and one-on-one coaching of the Grief Recovery Method®.
- Martina Meyer is a certified Yoga Teacher, RYT-200, and Personal Trainer (CPT, GPTS). She combines yoga with the teaching principles of her coaching practice, in order to facilitate an even deeper transformation for her clients through an enhanced body-mind-heart-soul connection.
Schedule a free 30-minute Discovery Call