Restore your ability to trust and hope in the future again with The Grief Recovery Method®
What is Grief?
Grief is the normal and natural response to significant emotional loss of any kind. It is also the most misunderstood of all experiences in our society, and most of the information we learn about grief or dealing with grief is not helpful. We all grieve loss differently, and we all experience all kinds of different types of loss in our lives. There are 43 different losses that can produce the range of emotions we call grief, and the list includes:
- Loss of a loved one- by death, separation, break-up or divorce
- Loss of a pet
- Loss or change of a job (to include retirement, promotions or major financial changes)
- Loss of health
- Loss of a sense of self-understanding when circumstances don’t support that image
- Any other major life change that causes “conflicting emotions” – even happy events, like marriage or pregnancy, can initiate a period of grief
The Grief Recovery Method® is not an occasional drop-in “support group”, nor is it therapy. It is a step-by-step process, with practices and a series of actions that will lead you to a life-changing transformation to restore your ability to trust and hope in the future again. We create a safe environment in which to look at your old beliefs about dealing with loss; to look at what losses have affected your life; and to take NEW actions, which lead to completion of the pain attached to a loss.
Before taking the actions to complete, it is important to look at (and often dismiss) some of the myths and misinformation about grief and grieving, which we have tried, but that are not working. Just looking at the myth that “time heals all wounds”: It creates the idea that we just have to wait in order to feel better…. Yet I have known people who have waited, 10, 20, 30 and 40 years – and STILL didn’t feel better, and still were not able to move on… It is the completion of the pain that was caused by the loss, that allows us to let go and move on – and it’s a series of specific actions that lead to that completion.
Grief – Six Common Myths…
- Time Heals All Wounds
- Grieve Alone
- Be Strong
- Don’t Feel Bad
- Replace The Loss
- Keep Busy
- Martina Meyer is a Certified Conscious Uncoupling™ and Calling in “The One”™ Coach who has been personally trained and mentored by the creator of these processes, NY bestselling author Katherine Woodward Thomas, MFT.
- Martina Meyer is a Certified Grief Recovery Method® Specialist, helping people move beyond death, divorce and other losses by facilitating Grief Recovery Support Groups and one-on-one coaching of the Grief Recovery Method®.
- Martina Meyer is a certified Yoga Teacher, RYT-200, and Personal Trainer (CPT, GPTS). She combines yoga with the teaching principles of her coaching practice, in order to facilitate an even deeper transformation for her clients through an enhanced body-mind-heart-soul connection.
If you have experienced loss and wish to move beyond the grief, I invite you to contact me for a complimentary 30-minute call regarding this program which offers you the action steps towards a richer and more fulfilling life.